Health- the New Meaning for Me

A few years ago I had no idea what meditation was all about, and when I was a kid I thought that having a diary is a great idea to start developing my writing skills and it can be my best friend. 
When I grew up I thought that's a load of BS, I wasn't even thinking it could benefit me a lot.
Only if I knew back then what's possible, I'd say: "sign me up baby!"

Another thing our parents don't teach us is the power of meditation. When we become sick, our parents/doctors give us medications to drink so we could heal faster and perhaps more productively. When it comes to mental health, doctors throw medications at us and send us home. It shouldn't be this way. I remember when my mom came to her family doctor, she had a terrible ace in her knees.  Her doctor examined her and told her there's nothing to do, she can simply drink some steroids which will help and maybe years later she will be going through an operation. My mom wasn't satisfied at all by her answer and asked if there are more natural medications like vitamins or something organic that can heal her knees. The doctor just stared at her like she was crazy and didn't know what to answer. From that day, my mom didn't come back to her doctor and she decided to take the high road. Instead of the prescribed steroids, she made it to the local pharmacy and found what she was looking for- vitamin capsules, the ones her doctor claimed she won't be getting anywhere. A few months later, my mom started to feel an improvement in her knees and she never drank those terrible steroids full of toxic ingredients.  

I didn't understand why she was doing it until I finally started reading about the topic and got very into it. I am not saying I became vegan or vegetarian but I became a smart consumer. I do not consume toxic products anymore, always conscious about my eating and try to stick to home-cooked meals. I even banned fast food and restaurants in general. I now prefer to cook at home instead of eating outside unhealthy and greasy foods. I once saw what my boss was eating for lunch, it was disgusting. She was eating french fries from a package with too much greasy oil in it. I have no words to describe this. From that moment on, I started to eat healthy foods at home. Only if I am abroad I allow myself to go to special bistros where the food is served usually fresh. 

I was thinking about it and have got to the conclusion: we're fully responsible for your own health, nor doctors, nor our parents are responsible for it. It's a huge privilege to own your health altogether because without health we are helpless to the world and cannot serve ourselves and others too.
This is one side of the story.


Another aspect of health I would like to talk about is spirituality and mental health.
As I mentioned before, nobody has taught us about meditation. Most of the people in the western world think that meditation is just a BS and is not useful, it's something that Easterns created and made a whole religion out of it. The truth is that Eastern cultures are right, meditation has been proven for being effective both in the morning and in the evening. It helps us with our internal and external health. A lot of intuitive coaches talk about the power of meditation and a lot of books have been written about this subject, but yet not many people are getting this directly. Most of the population is so obsessed with prescribed medications, they claim it helps them to relax and be calmer. In the contrary, meditation is all about dedication from the first day and requires commitment all the time (twice a day for some people). The benefit of meditation is more health stability and it's cheaper than medications. That's right, the high road is the easiest, however people still prefer the "easy" solution and continue with different kinds of medications. 
When I finally realized the true power of meditation, I started doing it myself twice a day. I usually listen to guided meditations which proved to me its power and I relax this way the most. I downloaded eleven tracks to my mp.3 and can proudly say that I listen to 1-2 tracks in the morning/evening. It helps me boost my sleep and drifts me on a beautiful day. Therefore, I prefer to work on myself each day instead of choosing an unhealthy way.

Now when meditation became a part of my life, another thing that I forgot to mention is exercising. I do this for the right reasons and I am so proud of myself for doing this for myself and not to please others around me. My dad has a fear of becoming fat again (he gained weight when he was younger, but then he decided to lose weight for his health). His fear wasn't touching me in any way but sometimes I can be cranky when he notices I eat what he cannot eat and sometimes he can tell mean words without getting the meaning. I learned to not pay attention to these words but I still cannot stand people who think they can tell everybody what and how they're allowed to eat. So back to exercising I do it out of love, it makes me feel good just like my meditation sessions and it unfolds my days very well. Also, I am very calm after meditation and exercising. In addition, I signed up for the gym and to three-sport sessions during the week in university and I am super excited about it.

After listing the benefits of meditation, the drawbacks of medications, and the importance of exercising, I want to talk about Journaling.
A lot of people ask for help and that's totally okay. Don't take this in a wrong way, I am for external help if it works for you, but sometimes it can be very expensive and sometimes you can get the same help from yourself. Yes, you heard me. You already have the answers within you and you've got to unfold them in order to clear your mind from all your concerns and worries and this is the best way to become BFF with yourself. Journaling is a brilliant way to express your thoughts on a piece of paper and for free. You can keep them private or you can share it with people you care about. The choice is up to you. Of course, if you feel the problem is too big and you cannot handle it by yourself and feel you need help, then go for it. I won't stop you.
As I said, it's important to know yourself as much as possible, because you're the only person who can truly help yourself before anybody else can help you.
When I first heard of this idea I thought it's a load of BS again, but now I feel I was more than wrong.
I am not saying I am journaling every day, because I am not but I am making the efforts of doing so. I entered a great series of journaling and I got into it. So I basically fell in love with that idea and became digging deeper. I started listening to the free program online (if you're curious, you can follow on Instagram the Lavendare Shop, they're doing a great job and they're selling beautiful pastel notebooks for your own choice, so you can check them out on @lavendareshop).
I checked my stock and admit I have more notebooks than clothes, so I decided I would use all of them for journaling. I am currently using my red notebook where I write everything that comes to mind. I also printed out some guiding questions which help me on my self-growth journey. This idea inspires the heck out of me, so I decided to do it. I am still working on it to make it a habit.
I am encouraging you to do the same things with your journals. If you're like me and have too many, you already have my suggestion.

I hope my tips in this blog helped you and inspired you. Take one thing at a time and make the change happen.

Note: To make a habit, keep going with it for 21 days. It's the max for making the habit stick for the lifetime.

Love you all and have a wonderful evening, beautiful friends!

Best wishes,
Lea.



My Current Journal

תגובות

פוסטים פופולריים מהבלוג הזה

The Ego/Mean Girl Ruins Everything

Story Of My Life

Judgement Free